Tuesday 26 July 2011

Look at Me, I Bought a Digital Camera

The other week, I bought a digital camera. This, coupled with an unprecedented amount of procrastination opportunity whilst I job hunted (I start in September, thank you), inspired me to have a go at photography.

Turns out it's actually quite difficult. I know literally nothing about editing techniques, and seem to have a rather unusual lack of talent when it comes to actually taking a photo. And this is all digital - anyone can get used to moving sliders around a screen with enough practice. God only knows how people manage with film, having to decide which of their 34 lenses to use, before spending countless hours playing with black magic in little dark rooms.

Anyway, eventually, I accidentally came up with a few I’m quite happy with:

Shotton Pool

Toronto in Blue

Toronto in Grey

Blue Jays Lego - my attempt to emulate this

Purdiest Church in Ontario


Little Green Ben

Yorton


 My Flickr, which contains these and other similarly poor attempts, is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment